Monday 2 June 2014

Inaugural post purporting to be an introduction

This cannot be happening. Who begins a blog in 2014?

Years and years and years ago, I created a blog ('Naval Gazing', I think I called it). I never posted to it, forgot about it, and now I can't find any mention of it in any email. There is a blog of that name on Blogger, but it ain't mine. So I've started a new one.

This blog will be a brain dump. A better title might have been, 'Big Things and Small Things', but that was taken. As were the many others I tried, before striking gold with the current name.

It is, after all, research. 'It' being everything. Data acquisition, assimilation, production. Reading a book, watching the telly, arguing in the pub. Your brain is an eager researcher, even if it only publishes gibberish when you try and get information back out of it.

I'm going to post whenever I feel the urge. It may be about good things, or bad things. Small things or big things. Probably including hangers and fracking.

I promised to make tea at 10pm, so I'd better pop downstairs and get the kettle on. Be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment